Customer-Centered Design – Round 3: Registration is Now Open!
Customer-Centered Design (CCD) is an amazingly generative process that starts with people and ends with surprising answers tailor-made to put our customers' needs at the center of service delivery, processes, and customer flow. Implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) gives us a huge opportunity to step back from business as usual and design services with the customer in mind.
CCD Round 3 has officially launched!
- January 23: Kick-off webinar
- January 24: Begin forming your design team; identifying your challenge; picking a team name
- February 7: Register your team; start the self-paced course
- February 21: Registration deadline
(Note: We strongly encourage registering and starting the class on February 7th. This deadline is to ensure all team members are registered.)
- March: Take the course; participate in 1:1 coaching and video calls
- April 11: Course concludes
- April/May: Implement prototype and test
- June: Submit application
- July: Selected teams announced and visit Washington, D.C.
How the Course Works
- Collaborate with a team of 4-8 people for your “design team”—think diversity when assembling your team!
- Apply human-centered design methods to one of seven workforce development challenges.
- Explore the main human-centered design concept through readings, case studies, and short videos.
- Interact and gain inspiration from design teams around the country.
What’s in it for you?
By joining in implementing CCD, workforce professionals can:
- Develop plans in a different way with the customer in the middle, not just reading the regulations and law
- Produce better labor market outcomes and higher customer satisfaction
- Develop methods, tools, skills that can be taught and learned
- Use a step-by-step process that any organization can replicate to address challenges
- Work with your partners to address key challenge areas
- Receive coaching to support your transformation every step of the way
The CCD kick-off webinar recording will be posted on the event page here soon!
Ready to Register?
Once your team is formed, it’s time to register! Click the link, Customer Centered Design R3 Registration, to get started. Your team should start the course the week of February 7th and, ideally, you should be registered by then. The final registration deadline is February 21st.
How might we best support you in your startup process? Please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.