Enough is Known for Action: System-Involved Youth: Understanding Trauma-Informed Practice
2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
This session is the tenth webinar in the Enough is Known for Action series for the youth community, hosted by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA)Division of Youth Services and Regional Offices. The purpose of this webinar series is to inspire strategic planning and action now as the workforce system is in the early stages of implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
In partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services,Administration for Children and Families, and American Institutes for Research, the Division of Youth Services is hosting a webinar on Trauma-Informed Practice for System-Involved Youth. The WIOA makes key investments in serving disconnected youth and other vulnerable populations by preparing them for successful employment. However, many disconnected youth, including youth who are runaway and homeless, or have been involved in the child welfare or juvenile justice systems, find it difficult to connect to the world of work because of past traumatic events that they’ve experienced in their lives. The workforce system’s ability to address trauma will lead to better employment outcomes for these youth and the businesses that hire them.
Through your participation on this webinar,you will:
- Learn more about trauma and its prevalence among system-involved youth;
- Be able to identify youth in your programs who may be experiencing trauma, and ways in which trauma-informed services can benefit them; and
- Learn about how a workforce service provider and employer are collaborating to train their staff to recognize and address trauma in the workplace.
Kathleen Guarino, Senior TA Consultant, Health and Social Development Program, American Institutes for Research
Serita Cox, Co-founder and Executive Director, iFoster, Inc.
Mark Foley, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Raley’s Supermarkets
You Might Also Like
- Our Journey Together: The WIOA Youth Program Technical Assis...
- Best Practices for Successful Work Site Management
- YouthBuild Webinar Series - Transformation for Court - Invol...
- Enough is Known for Action: Implementing Effective Work Expe...
- YouthBuild 2015 Webinar Series - Green Building: A Valuable ...