Engaging Employers to Support Work-Based Learning as a Strategy to Diversify the Talent Pipeline
12:30 PM ~ 1:45 PM ET
This webinar will provide an opportunity to better understand how to secure employer partners’ support for work-based learning activities. The discussion will explore topics such as specific work-based learning models and strategies for effectively engaging employers in these models. This webinar will offer ample time for in-depth Q&A among grantees. Please come ready to participate and share your success and challenges on this topic!
Key personnel who should attend this webinar include program directors or managers, program coordinators, case managers, outreach and recruitment coordinators, training partners, and supportive services personnel. Please feel free to invite relevant partners, including training providers and service providers, and other key personnel that support your TechHire grant program.
Peer Learning Webinar Goals:
- The discussion will highlight how to secure employer support for work-based learning activities and how to address participant barriers.
- Understand how work-based learning combines academic learning with on-the-job experience and can support educational and career advancement, ultimately building a diverse talent pipeline that addresses employers’ staffing needs.
- Gain an understanding of various types of work-based learning models and how these models can support TechHire projects and participant placement.
- Offer TechHire grantees examples of work-based learning models and resources that provide participants with important training and work experience, while helping employers meet their staffing needs.
Danielle Kittrell, Workforce Analyst, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
You Might Also Like
- An Evaluation Readiness Assessment Tool—Prioritizing Efforts...
- Peer Learning Community Forum: Using the Evaluation Readines...
- The Employment and Training Administration’s Electronic Tool...
- Guide to Healthcare Administration Degrees and Careers
- Guide and Search Engine for Vocational & Trade Schools