An Evaluation Readiness Assessment Tool—Prioritizing Efforts to Measure Effectiveness
3:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
Workforce agency managers and policymakers need good information to demonstrate that programs and services produce effective outcomes and impacts. This webinar provides an overview of an evaluation assessment tool that may be used to measure state progress.
This session examines how states can document evaluation culture and awareness, funding strategies, data management, staff capacity and planning activities, and how the tool may be used to identify strengths and needs for improvement.
- Evaluation Toolkit: Key Elements for State Workforce Agencies – This toolkit is provides a basic overview of evaluation elements for program management purposes and a two-part quick action planner to assess evaluation readiness. It also draws from and information about other generally accepted and available evaluation resources that may be useful as an entry point for state workforce agencies who may not fully utilize evaluations in program planning or implementation or who may need additional evaluation reference to expand evaluation activities.
- Evaluation Readiness Assessment: A WIOA Quick Start Action Planner (QSAP) – The purpose of the Evaluation Readiness Assessment (ERA) is to help State Workforce Agencies (SWA) and other entities gage their overall readiness to conduct rigorous evaluations. Specifically, agencies can use the ERA to assess their current operational environment against evaluation readiness benchmarks and guidance derived from the DOL/ETA Evaluation Toolkit: Key Elements for State Workforce Agencies.
Gloria Salas-Kos, Sr. Research and Evaluation Analyst, Office of Policy Development and Research
Karen Armstrong, Project Director, ETA Evaluation Dissemination and Technical Assistance Project, Office of Policy Development and Research/IMPAQ International, LLC
Gary Kamimura, Policy Director, Washington State Employment Security Department
Wayne Gordon, Director, Division of Research and Evaluation, Office of Policy Development and Research
You Might Also Like
- Peer Learning Community Forum: Using the Evaluation Readines...
- Engaging Employers to Support Work-Based Learning as a Strat...
- The Employment and Training Administration’s Electronic Tool...
- Guide to Healthcare Administration Degrees and Careers
- Guide and Search Engine for Vocational & Trade Schools