Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
Attendees will also be informed of an effective substance use prevention and intervention model, called Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT), and how it can enhance outcomes for YouthBuild programs.
Additionally, presenters will provide an overview of how to identify and properly support youth impacted by trauma. A peer YouthBuild program will share some of their related strategies that have been successful.
- To examine and define the roles of participant case management and supportive services in YouthBuild programs;
- To review recommended best practices to maximize participant and program outcomes;
- To identify and provide insight into some of the personal challenges, including childhood trauma, that can impede success;
- To share the strategies and processes of SBIRT and its application for YouthBuild programs; and
- To share best practices regarding participant program retention, progress, and post-program placement
Moderator(s)Mark Smith, Workforce Analyst, U.S. Department of Labor
Patrick L. McNeil, M.Ed., CPS, Associate Director of Substance Use Intervention, YouthBuild USA
Jerome Kolker, LCSW, BCD, Clinical Social Work/Therapist, YouthBuild USA, Inc. SBIRT Consultant
Jeremy Stocking, Program Director, The Children's Cabinet
Chris Jones, Lead Case Manager, The Children's Cabinet