Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:00 PM ~ 5:00 PM ET
Learn how your American Job Center (AJC) can support a priority customer – military spouses. Participants will hear from fellow AJC representatives and military spouses about how to improve and promote their service offerings for military spouses in licensed occupations.
In October 2018, there were over 630,000 military spouses in the United States and over 30% are employed in fields that require an occupational license. Military spouses are 10 times more likely to move due to military relocation which can result in unemployment and underemployment. With permanent change of station (PCS) season underway, many military spouses can benefit from the services of AJCs. Attend this U.S. Department of Labor webinar to learn how your AJC can promote its services, establish partnerships, and equip staff members to support military spouses in licensed occupations.
This webinar will:
- Highlight the benefits of improving military spouse license recognition support;
- Explore how one AJC established a supportive partnership with an adjacent military base; and
- Provide an opportunity for participants to share their experiences and ask questions.
- Veterans affairs staff and partners;
- Career services staff and partners; and
- American Job Center leaders.
Pam Frugoli, O*NET/CareerOneStop/Competency Model Team Lead, U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration
C.C. Gallagher, Consultant, Maher & Maher
Kevin Williams, One-Stop Operator, WorkSource Spokane
Debbie Medlen, WorkSource Specialist, WorkSource Spokane on Fairchild Air Force Base