Wednesday, November 17, 2021 11:30 AM ~ 12:30 PM ET
Do you have the building blocks to create and sustain Career Pathway programs and systems? Join evaluator Julie Strawn, co-author of the brief Building Career Pathways Programs & Systems: Insights from TAACCCT and third-party evaluator Heather McKay as they share findings and observations of grantees’ experiences with strategies used to build career pathways.
- Career Pathways strategies TAACCCT grantees implemented that they found to be most promising
- Strategies used to support students’ success
- Partnerships and strategies that helped institutionalize career pathway offerings and overcome challenges
The seven-year TAACCCT program awarded nearly $2 billion to more than 700 community colleges to increase the ability of community colleges to address workforce needs. In February 2021, the Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grant launched, drawing from TAACCCT’s key priorities and findings. The Department of Labor’s Chief Evaluation Office and Employment and Training Administration are hosting a three-part roundtable series focused on sharing lessons learned from TAACCCT with current community college grantees and the wider workforce development community. Each session will feature expert speakers with time for audience Q&A.
REGISTER FOR ALL THREE:
- What’s Important When You’re Engaged in Community College Systems Change?
- Building Career Pathways Programs & Systems: Insights from TAACCCT
- What Do Employers Value in Partnerships with Community Colleges?
Janet Javar, Senior Evaluation Specialist, Chief Evaluation Office, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Heather A. McKay, Executive Director, Virginia Office of Education Economics (VOEE), Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Julie Strawn, Principal Associate, Abt Associates