Every state has rural areas. And providing workforce services to these areas is challenging due to long distances and in many cases, a lack of support services and infrastructure like broadband and affordable transportation.
This month, we are highlighting successful practices, programs and services in rural areas. We have created a resource page that provides you with quick access to these resources. We will continue to add links to this page as we hear about more materials that showcase services to customers in rural areas.
We are also pleased to share with you several new reports and resources that have been posted on the global site and various WorkforceGPS Communities.
Relevant WorkforceGPS Communities:
- Resources for Addressing Homelessness in Rural Communities
- Regional Rural Development Centers (RRDCs) Activities
- Rural Workforce Development Challenges
- Economic Development in Rural Areas
- CTE on the Frontier
- Employment, Poverty, and Public Assistance in the Rural United States
- Rural America at a Glance, 2018 edition
- National Rural Health Resource Center Resources
- Challenges and Successes to Date: The Story of Rural TechHire Grantees (Blog)
- Disconnected Youth: Out of School and Out of Work in Rural America
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
- Rural Development Innovation Center
- Rural Policy Research Institute
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems (formerly Center for Rural Entrepreneurship)
- University of Montana Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities
Innovations in Action
- Deep South Community Agricultural Network (DSCAN)
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems in Appalachia
- Rural Cultural Wealth Lab