For justice involved youth and adults, finding employment with a criminal record is not easy. The employment landscape includes background checks, that can be overshadowed by probation or parole, housing concerns, limited or inadequate education and job skills, and mental health issues.
The accompanying list of resources offers practitioners ideas and tools to do the invaluable work of changing lives and renewing futures of justice-involved individuals entering or returning to the workforce.
- Barriers to Work: People with Criminal Records
- Breaking Down Barriers: Experiments into Policies That Might Incentivize Employers to Hire Ex-Offenders
- Evaluation of Seven Second Chance Act Adult Demonstration Programs: Impact Findings at 30 Months
- Expanding Apprenticeship for Ex-Offenders
- Expungements in the 50 States
- Financial Education Tools and Resource Series
- Labor Market Data Sources for Serving Ex-Offenders
- Our Journey Together: Helping Youth with Juvenile Records
- Reentry and Barriers to Employment
- Reentry Starts Here
- Reentry Workforce Development Survey