The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020 includes the Relief for Workers Affected by Coronavirus Act, which includes provisions for temporary coverage of individuals who have exhausted their entitlement to regular unemployment compensation (UC) and individuals who are not eligible for regular UC, such as individuals who are self-employed or have limited recent work history.
To support practitioners not immersed in the UC pipeline, the following resources are shared to assist with understanding the program.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Fact Sheet
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Fact Sheet
- State Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance: Programs and Benefits
- UI Program Progression under the CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance Tax Topic
- Unemployment Compensation: Federal-State Partnership